Re: Early thoughts on FC3

Just curious, why do so many users go and get acrobat reader?
I've always just used ghostview/kghostview for pdf files without a problem.

Cheers,
Daniel.

Hi Daniel:

I need acroread at the office, because the accounting office requests certain forms to be filled in online, prior to printing, signing and submitting. I can understand their wanting it done that way, since the form carries out the computations for the user, thus reducing errors and subsequent delays.

I tried gpdf, xpdf, ghostview and kghostview with a sample form, and was unable to complete the form -- if it's possible, please share with us how to do it.

Heck, gpdf in FC1 doesn't even have a print option! Odd, considering .pdf documents are routinely headed for a printer. <grin> Of course we can all type lpr filename.pdf at the terminal prompt, but this is simply a glaring omission for a .pdf viewer app.

For large documents with many chapters, acroread has the benefit of thumbnails.

Until those features are available in a version that fits with Fedora, it's nice to have a choice that will allow us to get our work done.

Hope this answers your question.
Clint
--
Clint Harshaw  <clint@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>