Re: OpenOffice.org Calc 4-11 date bug?

On Wed, 2004-04-28 at 16:47, Dexter Ang wrote:
> Just want to know if others are experiencing this...
>
> In OpenOffice.org Calc, set a cell to display in dates, any date.
> Now enter "4/11". It seems to get interpreted wrong, either it displays
> as April 10 or as plain text. Enter "4/12" and it changes to the date
> format you selected.
>
> Is it just me? Or should I file a bug report somewhere? It seems to only
> happen with April 11 as the date.
>
> dex

OK I just want to clarify what I've typed and expand on it a little.

I use Calc for entering financial information. This would obviously use
dates. Now, I have an entire column of cells formatted as dates and
displays in the format MM/DD/YYYY. Now, whenever I enter the date 4/11,
or 4/11/4, it doesn't convert to the date format. But when enter any
other date, it does convert it to the MM/DD/YYYY date format I've
selected. I've also tried entering 4/11/3, 4/11/4, 4/11/5, and it only
happens with year 2004.

I have also confirmed that this happens on a friends computer with
OpenOffice.org 1.1.0 on Windows. Anyway it seems to be an OpenOffice.org
bug if it happens on Windows as well. I haven't tested on 1.1.1, so if
anyone has any knowledge of a bug and it being fixed in 1.1.1, I'd like
to know.

By the way, my version is OpenOffice.org 1.1.0 that came with Fedora
Core 1. I've also updated to the latest build 16. It happened with the
original and build 16 for me.

Argh.

dex