Re: What are my chances with this Laptop?

At 18:42 4/24/2004, you wrote:
I have an old Digital HiNote Ultra 2000 laptop
which has only a 2.33 Mhz original Pentium with MMX
processor and 96 MB memory and a 3.8 GB Hard Drive.

[...]

What are my chances of Fedora working and getting 'X'
and all the peripherals working?

I'd say pretty good, although the default software and configuration (for example, X with GNOME and Nautilus) will probably be *very* slow... too slow for comfort. However, if you're doing this to learn or experiment, or are willing to put in the time and effort, you can change to a lighter and faster window manager and select less resource-hungry applications, and you should be able to make a useful box out of it.

I'm no expert, but from what you mention of the hardware I see no problems. Worth a try!

Cheers,

-- Rodolfo J. Paiz rpaiz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx http://www.simpaticus.com