Creating a bare minimum menu FC1/KDE

Hello all,

I need some help with FC1 specifically the way FC1 combines a system wide application entry with KDE menus.

I have a friend who is setting up several FC1 machines for a local school. All the machines will have the default workstation install of FC1. All will be using KDE as the default desktop environment, and here is where we need help. Each machine will have at a minimum two users, for now let's just say, "teacher" and "student". He wants to customize the menu for each user. Actually he needs to create a default menu template that will allow him to give less access to applications from the KDE menu for the student users. He needs/wants to do this without editing the menu on each machine using "Edit K Menu" option from within KDEs Control Center.

I'm used to using Slackware and WindowMaker (no laughing out there!) and I don't fully understand RH/FC1/Mandrake and how/where the scripts for system wide application menu entries reside. What would be the best way to create a template that does not use the system wide application menu entries, allowing him to create a custom menu for a particular user/group? I looked in /etc/skel to look at the default template, but that seems pretty standard and doesn't help me much.

Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated,

Jason