RE: Huge Partition

Creating the partition with fdisk seems to have improved things. The df
utility now reports 1.8T for the partition, the 0.2T being used up in
overhead. That's more like it!

This is a RAID 5 array and using Martin's dd mechanism is writing at
100G/hour. This should hit the 1G mark in about 5 hours. Once it goes past
that, I figure I'm OK, but I'll let it run till out of disk space stops the
loop.

Martin - I didn't know that /dev/zero existed till I saw your line of code.
Thanks.

--
Bill Gradwohl
YCC