Ugh. MS TrueType fonts screwed up my machine

Does anyone know a way around this? I installed an RPM with MS TrueType
fonts because I needed to have my resume (I'm redoing it after being
laid off) be 100% portable. I don't have access to a Windows box right
now.

Anyway, I installed the fonts and now my web browsers (Mozilla,
Epiphany) are picking up the fonts and using them, but frankly they look
like garbage compared to the default fonts. Either too small or too big
or too bold. I want the fonts for use with OpenOffice.org, but that's
it.

Any way to accomplish this?

Preston