Re: Strange sound problem

Laurence Orchard wrote:

On Tue, 2004-04-20 at 21:22, Ron Weatherston wrote:

I'm sure this has been discussed already since I've experienced this same problem with every version of Redhat since 8.0 (I'm now using FC1).

Every now and then my sound quality will suddenly get very poor. It gets very thin and scratchy sounding, as if it's coming from a tin can. Has anyone else experienced this issue? Is so, have you been able to fix it?

I'm not sure what information would be pertinent to this issue. I'd be happy to provide as much information as possible to get this behavior to stop. Thanks in advance.

-Ron

Hi

I get the same problem some times, the only way I have found to fix it
is to reboot which I assume does a reset on the sound card.

I run FC1 on an Athlon Thunderbird 1400
with a Videologic Sound Fury / Turtle Beach ??? / CS46XX

Laurence

Laurence,

Our setups a nearly identical. I'm also running FC1 on an Athlon T-bird 1400. My sound card is a Turtle Beach Santa Cruz running off the CS46XX driver. I'll be sure to send you and information if I figure this on out.

-Ron