Re: Huge Partition

Martin Stone wrote:

Oops, sorry, missed your other question.  My "df -h" output is:

/dev/sdc1             1.1T  166G  862G  17% /export/home
/dev/sdd1             1.1T  852G  175G  83% /export/data

They're mirrors, so smaller than yours... but if you can get to 1.1 TB, why not at least 1.9? The 1008 GB number seems a really weird place for it to stop.

And how big is 1008GB??
Unless I missed on my math that is _really_ close to 1.0TB, just not displayed the same.

Cheers,
Martin

Martin Stone wrote:

Um, what does fdisk say? Did you partition with "parted"? What happens if you partition with fdisk? Likely if df -h says 1008 GB, that's what it is...

I don't use those /fancy/ partition editors... ;-)

Martin

Bill Gradwohl wrote:

Martin:

Thanks for the information.

I've tried your suggestion of partitioning after the box is already up and
running. However, parted produces some interesting output via its print
command once I'm done:

Minor     Start     End       Type     Filesystem     Flag
1         0.031   -189362.652 primary   ext3

The partition mounts fine, although df reports its size as 1008G. Not what I
was expecting.

I'm writing to it now via a loop to eat all the disk space in roughly 1G
increments to see exactly how big it is. At the rate its going, about a Gig
per minute, this loop is going to run about 30 hours.

The parted print output and df's output could just be errors in printing and
all could be OK, but I'd appreciate knowing what yours shows to see if I'm
wasting my time.

Thank You