Re: Opinion: Favorite video card?

Doug Stewart wrote:

Martin Stone wrote:
| Hi,
|
| I've had the same troubles everyone else has with NVidia and Matrox
| Linux "drivers" - mine are exacerbated because I'm SMP and multi-head on
| most of my machines.  So I was wondering, does anyone have a favorite
| video card/vendor for Linux?  What I'd really love to have is a card
| that can run dualhead driving 2 monitors at 1600x1200, DVI rather than
| analog.
|
| Cheers,
| Martin

What's been your problem with nVidia cards?

I've got the Quadro 200 and I've been freezing randomly when running SMP... dual 3.2 GHz Xeon here... I don't have the problem when I init 3, or when I run uniprocessor, so I just assume it's the video stuff. I'd investigate more, but it's hard when you're totally frozen in X :-\