Re: DSL Tweaking

Alexander Dalloz said:

> What you changed in details would then be good to know and how it really
> affected the upstream.

I'll post the changes tonight.  We also did a few changes to Apache, I'll try to dig
those up.

> So your ISP uses non common values or technique? To which value did you
> have to change the MTU? Are you referring to the mssclamping?

We had to change the MTU to 1452 from 1492 (this is again off the top of my head), the
problem that we had was some network names could not be resolved and by changing the
maximum transmission unit we were once again able to resolve all addresses.  This seems
to be a known issue with Windows XP and in some rare cases Linux (has something to do
with upstream equipment from our modem).

Luc Bouchard