Re: Huge Partition

Hey Bill,

I was able to partition larger than 1TB with almost identical setup. But not from anaconda. Maybe you have the same problem? I thought FC1 couldn't deal with it initially, but it turned out that if I waited till after the install it was fine. Also I was able to do it from the rescue disk. So I figure it's anaconda's problem...

Cheers,
Martin

Bill Gradwohl wrote:
How does one go about getting a partition larger than 1TB?

I've got a 3Ware Escalade with 12 250G drives. I've installed all the
regular OS files & directories on 2 of those drives mirrored as RAID 1. That
works fine.

Id' like to use all but one of the remaining drives as a single large
partition on RAID 5 (9 drives - useable capacity of 8 = 2TB).

The last drive is a hot spare.

The Escalade 8506 has a 2TB limit, and it will set up the RAID 5 at 2TB.
However, FC1 won't partition past 1TB.

What are my options? Will FC2 help?

The use of that 2TB space is for SAMBA, to store large CAD drawings.