Re: named updates failing

Dov Zamir wrote:

Hi All,

Was off the list for a while, doing a clean install of FC1, after making
a mess of the previous one :-)

I now have kernel 5179 up and running very well. Running services
include httpd, dhcpd and named.

named is set up to secondary my main DNS server, on an WP Pro machine,
but I keep getting the following errors:

[--much snipping--]
Apr 17 14:49:56 www named[2979]: dumping master file: tmp-XXXXpai2Fs:
open: permission denied
Apr 17 14:49:56 www named[2979]: transfer of 'zamir-enterprises.com/IN'
from 192.168.9.7#53: failed while receiving responses: permission denied

<snip>

The time stamp for these are wrong, while all other messages have
thecorrect time stamp, but if this is unrelated to the problem, it is a
very minor issue.

Are you sure that the primary DNS is configured to allow transfers to the secondary? All those permission denied messages show that the primary receives the conection , but something is not configured properly on the primary. Check if the secondary has the necessary permissions to do the transfer.

--
Pedro Macedo