Re: GNOME 2.6 on Fedora

Colin Charles wrote:
On Wed, 2004-04-14 at 00:45, Jeremiah McElroy wrote:

I know that GNOME 2.6 will eventually be available in the FC2 release. However, I was curious if there are any potential breakage issues with compiling GNOME 2.6 from source on an FC1 system. If anyone has had any experience with this, it would be greatly appreciated.

I've done just this, using jhbuild on a FC1 system; there are some
things to install, but all generally goes well

jhbuild pulls from CVS, Garnome uses tarballs - take your pick

My experiences:
http://www.bytebot.net/blog/archives/2004/2/1/building-gnome-25
I just successfully used garnome-2.5.92 on my FC 1 system. No visible issues yet. I had to add some of the devel rpms like bzip2.

Shannon McMackin
mcmackin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx