RE: Duplicating a Fedora PC

Ghost 8 works great we just did a bunch of dual boot RedHat and windoze

-----Original Message-----
From: fedora-list-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:fedora-list-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Matt Hansen
Sent: Thursday, April 15, 2004 4:20 AM
To: For users of Fedora Core releases
Subject: Re: Duplicating a Fedora PC

On Thu, 2004-04-15 at 18:49, Hugh Foster wrote:
> Bit of a Linux newbie, working up a first Linux box for production
> users - so far, looks pretty good on PC 1 of 2. Now, if this were a
> Windows box, I'd DriveImage it and blat it onto the other, tweak the
> name and logins etc, voila 2 pcs.
>
> IS there a way to dupe an installation easily, or do I have to slog
> through all the settings again manually?
Hugh,

kickstart is another option. Your first anaconda install will place a
kickstart file in /root/anaconda-ks.cfg that you can use to automate the
second install. You can also create a kickstart configuration using the
program /usr/sbin/redhat-config-kickstart which can be launched from
Redhat Menu -> System Tools -> Kickstart

To use it for a new install, you could copy it to a floppy disk and
enter the following at the linux install boot prompt: linux
ks=file:fd0/anaconda-ks.cfg See this page for another method:
file:///usr/share/doc/redhat-config-kickstart-2.4.2/redhat-config-kickst
art-savefile.html

Regards,
-Matt
--
mhelios - www.fedoraforum.org
Registered Linux User #348963 / counter.li.org

This email and any files transmitted with it are proprietary and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email
in error please notify the sender. Please note that any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of ITT Industries, Inc.
The recipient should check this email and any attachments for the presence of viruses. ITT Industries accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this
email.