Re: supported raid card

I just installed the following and it's working like a charm so far after installing it two days ago.

New OEM 3Ware Escalade 7006-2 IDE Raid Controller   $116.46
	http://www.pc-pitstop.com/
New WESTERN DIGITAL 160GB 8MB 7200 RPM 160 GB        $92.99  (ebay)
New WESTERN DIGITAL 160GB 8MB 7200 RPM 160 GB       $104.98  (ebay)

Total cost for RAID upgrade:                        $314.43

The nicest part about this is that NO drivers are required, Fedora K12LTSP sees the mirrored RAID configuration at install and it just looks like one 160 G drive. The only things I had to remember to do is to set up the hardware bios for the 3ware and set up the mirrored array AND go into the motherboard bios and tell it to boot off the 3ware storage array. All very smooth, and faster than my 2MB cache drives I had before.

bc

fedora mailing list wrote:

Anyone knows of supported raid cards to use with fedora?

Also, I am concern about making it work. Are there such a raid card where
the raid configuration is done before the OS is installed.  In a way,
independent of the OS.