Re: Oracle and FC1

Firstly, Use 10g, forget 9. 10g has nice RPMs for the client programs and is _way_ easier to install. It's also the way of the future.

Second, These docs are also good :
http://www.oracle-base.com/articles/10g/OracleDB10gInstallationOnFedora1.php
http://www.oracle-base.com/articles/9i/Oracle9iInstallationOnFedora1.php - If you have to.

Third, Oracle do not support anything except RedHat Enterprise. It will even check to see if you're running something else and fail to install ( which is easlily fixed ).

Our DBAs are running 10g on Core 1 for testing purposes and so far no problems.

Cheers
-n.

Eric Beyer wrote:

Mott, William said:

     Is anybody out there running Oracle on a Fedora Core 1 box?  If so,
what version?
  What kind of support  (if any) is Oracle giving you?

I have installed Oracle 10g (10.1.0) on my Fedora Core 1 box, it also
seems like I had installed 9.2.0.x at one time but it was very painful.
10g installs w/o any problems if you follow the instructions on
http://www.puschitz.com/InstallingOracle10g.shtml.

I am very sure that an installation on Fedora Core 1 is *not* supported. I
haven't had any issues with the database so far.

-Eric