Fwd: Re: Oracle and FC1

- ----------  Forwarded Message  ----------

Subject: Re: Oracle and FC1
Date: Tuesday 13 Apr 2004 23:06
From: John Williamson <john.williamson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Gavin Henry <gavin.henry@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hi Gavin,

The last 'conventional' Red Hat distribution supported by Oracle for
either databases or application servers was 7.2. After that Oracle
products are only certified on Red Hat Advanced or Enterprise Server
distributions.

Having said that I have managed to install all databases versions from
8.1.6 up to and including 9i Release 2 on Red Hat 9, and they seem to
work fine. However Oracle will not give you any support on this should
something go wrong.

As far as application server is concerned I was only successful with
9iAS Release 1 on Red Hat 9. I had some problems with 9iAS Release 2 and
have not got round to trying to sort them out yet.

A very useful site for help with 'un-supported' installations is:

www.puschitz.com

He has some very good 'howtos' for both database and application server
installs on Red Hat, including Fedora Core 1. I haven't tried it on FC1
myself, but if he says that he's done it I would tend to believe him,
giving the quality of his other advice to date.

Hope this help

Cheers

John

After that is

On Tue, 2004-04-13 at 21:57, Gavin Henry wrote:

- --
Kind Regards,
Gavin Henry.

http://www.magicfx.co.uk