Re: Firefox Launching Issue

On Tue, 2004-04-13 at 15:59, Mariano de Iriondo wrote:

> Jarret R wrote:
> | Is there anyway to make firefox launch a new window when a link (or
> | launcher icon) is clicked when a firefox window already exists?
>
> Yes:
> firefox -remote 'openURL(http://www.domain.com, new-window)'
> (creates a new window)
>
> Or:
> firefox -remote 'openURL(http://www.domain.com, new-tab)'
> (creates a new tab)

The /usr/bin/firefox script should already do this for you.  However,
the firefox from fedora.us uses new-window instead of new-tab.  I just
manually edited /usr/bin/firefox to use new-tab.  I think when I last
checked, firefox from Dag's (?) repo used new-tab but I'm not sure.

If you are using gnome stuff, you should set the preferred web browser
(using gnome-default-applications-properties) to "firefox %s".

--
Jeff Kowing <jeffrey.d.kowing@xxxxxxxx>
All opinions expressed are my own and not of my employer.