Re: best place for package requests

On Tue, Apr 13, 2004 at 04:12:28PM -0300, Ben Steeves wrote:
> What's the best place/method to request new packages to be put into
> Fedora Core?

It probably depends on content and on your personal
policy/preferences.

> I just discovered kdetrayproxy, which is a nice little library that
> allows the GNOME systray to swallow KDE systray icons, which it
> can't do by default.  I think it would be nice if this were part of
> FC as it would go a long way towards increasing KDE/GNOME
> interoperability.

There is a kde dedicated repo and one for gnome. Not sure which one
would be the best, but you will certainly have the experts there (cc'ed):

kde-redhat project: http://kde-redhat.sourceforge.net/
Matt repo (former NyQuist): http://people.ecsc.co.uk/~matt/repository.html

There are others with different focus, a collection of some can be
found at http://atrpms.physik.fu-berlin.de/

> Its too late to make inclusion in FC2, so I decided to post this to
> fedora-list instead of fedora-test-list.

Why not fedora-devel for FC3/rawhide inclusion?
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net