Re: Moving from RH to FC1

Betti Ann & Preston Smith ha scritto:

On bootup I can select either Linux or Win98. My Linux installation is restricted to a single 1 GB disk drive

You don't have so much space for Linux imho, anyway....do you really need Win98? It's more than obsolete, it is archaic!! :-)

Should I delete the RH install and start over - if so, how should I do this?
OR

Should I run the FC1 install from RH? How would I do this.

Boot from the Fedora cdrom #1, then you can choose for a system upgrade (from your RH to Fedora) or to delete the linux partitions
(pay attention to rightly select "delete the LINUX partitions and...etc") and begin a new installation. If I have to install a new
system I prefer to delete everything and install a new system, but it is your choice!

Should I remove the option screen presented at boot up and let the FC1 install process install a new one?? If so how do i do it?

Fedora will easily do the job for you and your friend Bill :-)

Sorry for such basic questions but I have to start somewhere!

Don't worry, Fedora installation is very simple. Have fun!

Bye! P.