What does "supported" mean for Fedora Core 1 software?

What does "support" mean for Fedora Core 1 software?  I'm not trying to sound
like sour grapes, but I'm honestly curious.  I've submitted a couple of bug
reports (and submitted the fix with one of them) and so far both have come
back closed with "fixed in rawhide."

I guess I don't know what this means, exactly.  Does that mean that it's fixed
in FC2 (which is unhelpful for users of FC1), or does it mean that a patch is
in testing and will be released for FC1?  I have a sneaking suspicion that
it's the  former and I hope I'm wrong.  Can someone shed some light on this?

I'd hate to think that the current shipping version of Fedora (FC1) is not
having some packages fixed because they're fixed in a release that's not "in
production" yet.

Perhaps I'm just confused.  Help!  Thanks!

--
Chris

"Build a man a fire and he will be warm for the rest of the night.  Set
a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life."  -- Unknown