Re: Re:How I am sharing kppp among mortal users

Dear Jeff,

Problem is not of permission.I have setup /usr/sbin/kppp as suid and ownership to dialout group comprising dialling users and root.Problem lien in the linking of /usr/bin/kppp to consolehelper which in turn would start /usr/sbin/kppp.Consolehelper is governed by authentication rules and nobody seems to know it fully here.

Presentlu I have relinked /usr/bin/kppp to /usr/sbin/kppp and duplicated one and same setting for each user.But here I will miss consolidated connection log which I would get If I could share one connection among users.

Thank you and all who participated to help me.