Re: Problem reinstalling openoffice

Steve,
I'm much something like a beginner with Linux, however if this can help!
I have myself improved a lot of difficulties with the Fedora embedded installation of OpenOffice which to my understanding does'nt work properly.

- rpm installation is based on a so called spec files which contains all the installation instructions amongst which the dependencies.
This spec file is itself part of the rpm package and I've not already found the way extract and modify it.

- Openoffice.org does'nt support or provide rpm installation untill now but only tar.gz

- ooffice comes along with its own installer as installation is quite a complex process.

At the end of the day, I did download the ultimate tar.gz from openoffice.org and installed ooffice according to the official installation procedure.

It works, however, this is not consistent with the rpm package management.

Bruno