Re: ln -s /dev/cdrom /dev/dvd

Paul Ryan wrote:

Hello I just installed a CDwriter and need to change the symbolic link for
Xine ,and before I screw things up I want to know if my comand is corect
"ln -s-f /dev/cdrom1 /dev/dvd". It is now the secondary slave set as scsi1
formally hdc now actually hdd. Video CD's work fine in the writer
(hdc,scsi0), but not in the CDROM witch I plan on replacing with a DVDROM
in the near future.
Thank You
Paul Ryan

hey Paul

sorry but your email is not really very clear about what exactly you are trying to do ...
but this might help anyway ...

do a 'll /dev/cdrom1' to see if this too is already a symbolic link

if it is then this is what you want to link too. The 'ln' command syntax works the same as the 'cp' or 'mv' commands - ie. ln nameOfOriginalFile nameOfNewLinkedFile

if you need more help - please explain your sitch a bit better and we will see where we can go from there ...

pantz

--
Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes ...
That way when you do criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes!