Re: localhost Connection Refused.

Steve Searle wrote:

Around 08:09pm on Tuesday, March 16, 2004 (UK time), Vince Thompson scrawled:

I have two computers that I loaded Fedora on. I am trying to get the web
browser to show the localhost but keep getting the Connection Refused
message on both machines.

Is the httpd daemon running on the box?

If I use Telnet to connect I get the connection refused message too.

Is telnet daemon running? Lookup xinetd on the web.

I was trying to get Samba and Swat working so http://localhost:901 was one

Is the samba daemon running?

The samba daemons don't have to be running to access SWAT (i.e. you can start the daemons from SWAT). However xinetd does have to be running and configured properly. I'd append a copy of my /etc/xinetd.d/swat but I'm currently on a Win2K box at work.
Cheers,
Gordon Keehn