Re: Nmap Version 3.50-1

Kevin Crookes wrote:

Now I am not too sure if this is the right place or not to post this
message but I have just recently fully updated FC1. I have come to
install the new version of NMap on my FC1 box, and I receive this error.
I am not 100% sure exactly why I am getting this error, but I am
guessing it is because I don't have a package installed which is need by
nmap??

[root@Foddy kevin]# rpm -U -v nmap-3.50-1.i386.rpm

error: Failed dependencies:

        libstdc++-libc6.2-2.so.3 is needed by nmap-3.50-1

        nmap = 2:3.48 is needed by (installed) nmap-frontend-3.48-1

Any information would be great.

Thanks!!!

that sounds right to me.

I always check any rpms with

#rpm -i --test package_name.rpm

if you get dumped back to a command prompt, then you can install the package. If dependencies are needed, it will tell you.

man rpm will also show the switches you can use to install all the packages you need at one time (provided you have them all downloaded).

--
regards,

shane