Re: Problem Accessing Specific Site

John Thompson wrote:
On Mon, 15 Mar 2004 08:14:02 -0500
Clint <clint@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I am letting a friend borrow one of my FC1 boxes to try it out. So far, everything seems to be going well. Now I've got a problem I can't figure out and need some help!

He can't access http://cyclingnews.com using any browser, he can't ping it, and traceroute cyclingnews.com fails at the 14th node on the route.

Then it's a routing problem, not Fedora. I can access http://cyclingnews.com using dillo or FireFox here.

Traceroute shows:

I initially thought it was a routing issue as well, but when a Win box is connected to the same cable modem, it can hit the site just fine. The FC1 box can't hit it.

I've asked him to see about the ECN configuration to see if that is the problem.

--
Clint <clint@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>