Setting default printer in evolution

This is really a RH9 question.  Is there a RH9 support list?

Anyway, I am having trouble setting the default printer for a user in evolution 1.2. If I File->Print and then set the command line to lpr -P printername, it only works for the cuttent session. Evolution seems to ignore $LPDEST and $PRINTER. How are you supposed to have a user print to a printer which is not the system wide default?

-Steve