Re: Redundance / Balance two links.

Hi Christiano,

http://lartc.org/howto/lartc.rpdb.multiple-links.html
> to work with FC-1?
>
> Here is my situation:
>
> - I have two ADSL lines, and i want to be able to
> balance and make a redundance with these two links
> to my local network.
>
>     - First ADSL router is: 192.168.1.1 (DNS &
> default Gateway)
>         -(eth0) = 192.168.1.200 (default route)
>
>     - Second ADSL router is: 192.168.0.254 (DNS &
> default Gateway)
>         -(eth2) = 192.168.0.200
>
>     - Local Network is: 192.168.2.1 (eth1) - DHCPD
> running
>
> Here is the deal. My network is up and running with
> the default route through eth0, so I try to test if
> the redundance thing is working by umpluging the
> eth0 ethernet cable, to see if the FC-1 box will
> change its route to be able to keep the network
> alive through eth2 (my other ADSL line), but it
> turns out all the client machines in the network
> stop communicating with the internet. So, i hope
> anyone have had this problem before, and even more
> hopefully solved it. A real working script would be
> so great. Thanks a lote FC community.

You will have to read the Linux Advanced Routing HOWTO
located at lartc.org and also join their mailing list
to ask your question.

Advanced routing doesn't have much to do with the
distribution, mostly with the support of iproute.

Read their doco, and re-read it, because after you
understand it then you'll know how to configure it.

Michael.

http://au.movies.yahoo.com