Re: USB Pen Drive Crisis

Wolfgang wrote:
On Sat, 2004-03-13 at 01:08, Adam Voigt wrote:

[snip]

I agree, but the documentation (For the device mentioned), ran through
the procedure, of putting on a partition etc (And it worked by the book,
once I got it formatted correctly). The main problem was to get Linux to
mount it in the first place.

Wolf

I received a USB stick yesterday for work and I was working with it and trying to get it to mount. It was being recognized under /dev/sda1 and /dev/sdb1. At first I could mount it under /dev/sdb1 with RW access. Later while trying to get it to automount using autofs, it changed to only /dev/sda1 with no mention of /dev/sdb in any log file. This threw me for a loop for a couple of hours.

I feel that the problem for device driver was due to a reboot (accidently unmounted my home directories using automount). I had a usb camera connected to the computer earlier and it used /dev/sda1.

I am going to work with this some more. BTW I did have automounting working when I left work yesterday.

--
Robin Laing