Re: Password-protecting fedora.

Matthew Saltzman wrote:

On Wed, 10 Mar 2004, Ow Mun Heng wrote:

-----Original Message-----
From: David Jansen [mailto:jansen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, March 10, 2004 12:16 AM
To: fedora-list@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Password-protecting fedora.

Great! Wouldn't it be great if features like this were easier to find,
e.g a menu entry, man page etc? Or is it supposed to be an
undocumented
feature?

Under Gnome -> Menu->System Tools-> New Login

Odd. I don't have that entry in my System Tools menu. And I am running GNOME and I do have gdm installed. (This is FC1 fully updated.)

Same here. I usually use KDE but I can't find it on the menu in Gnome either. I can run it just fine from a shell.

The best place for this would really be on the *locked* screen. If one
user has locked the screen and walked away, another user could then just
click the "Another user" button and then log in. As it is now, the
second user has to switch to one of the text consoles and log in there
before they can run GDMflexiserver.

Björn Persson