Rebooting with FC1

Rebooting isn't working properly any more for some reason. I am not sure why or when it actually stared happening, since I don't reboot very often. But I know it used to work just fine with FC1. What is happening now is that whenever I reboot, the HP screen comes up but the boot does not continue. It hangs on that screen. I can use CTRL-ALT-DEL at this point and that will bring the HP screen up again and the boot continues as normal. I have no idea where this new (mis)behavior is coming from. When I power down the computer and boot cold it works just as it should.

I am using grub, kernel 2.4.22-1.2174.nptl and KDE 3.2 on an HP pavilion XL768 - athlon

Thanks,
--
HD

Tipping my hat to Fedora.