Re: Sendmail required?

Steve Berry wrote:

I noticed severe lag time in sendmail at boot. so I disabled it.

Long load time for sendmail often means that host resolution is not working properly on your box. Sendmail wants to know the fully qualified name and address of your system, which generally means:

(a) HOSTNAME in /etc/sysconfig/network is fully qualified, and
(b) There is a corresponding entry in /etc/hosts.

There are other ways to resolve this problem, but this is usually the simplest.

-- lars