Re: microsoft visual source safe

Richmond Pabilona wrote:

Hi guys,
Do you know how i can connect to a microsoft visual source safe server that has a ntfs filesystem?
Will i be able to write to that repository?

Thanks,
Richmond

I know there are tools. Their names I can't remember right off. I do know that there is an ANT task for this (ANT is a java based build tool) and there is this tool located http://www.sourcegear.com/sos/index.asp which I had looked at at one time. However, I don't know about your development procedures, but there is a very nice source control system called Surround at www.seapine.com and it is probably the best source control system I have ever used. It has some very nice features that Source Safe and no others I've seen can really compare to. It is commercial of course. They have servers and clients for Linux, MacOSX, and Windows. It's very cool. We use it at work for everything. They also have a bug tracking tool that integrates with the source control to allow linking bugs with fixes in source control. We use that as well and it is called Test Tracker. Thought I might turn you on to something new. Anyways, hope that helps a bit...

Wade