Re: Fedora's SSH

On Mon, 2004-02-23 at 23:02, Vincent wrote:
> On Mon, 23 Feb 2004 22:12:20 -0500
> James Drabb <JDrabb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > Do I need to do anything special to allow hosts outside of my home
> > network to SSH in?  I am running SSH on port 21 and have opened port 21
> > on my Linksys router/firewall.  However, I cannot connect from my work
> > to home.  I am using port 21 because the silly MS Admins where I work
> > have port 22 blocked, yet they allow telnet.
> >
> > I can ssh on my home computer using my public IP and it connects just
> > fine.  Do I need to add entries to /etc/hosts.allow?
>
> Maybe. append
> sshd: 168.1.1.1.1 sect.mydomain.com
> or sshd: ALL
> to your hosts.allow file, plus double check iptables.
> If when you try to connect the response is 'connection refused' most likely
> its a tcp wrap problem.

I though tcp wrappers was only used on xinetd started apps?  I run SSH
standalone on startup.

I put the sshd: ALL entry into hosts.all and will give it a shot
tomorrow.

Thanks,

Jim Drabb
The box said: "Requires Windows 98/2000/NT/XP or better."
So, I installed LINUX!
James Drabb JR
Senior Programmer Analyst
Davenport, FL USA