Re: cdrecord: power calibration error

Hi Kari,

Kari Tammi wrote:
Hi

Could someone please help me with cdrecord? I cannot blank a CD-RW disk. See the cdrecord input and output below.

I might be wrong, but have you tried to use -force to blank the disk? Also, you can try to use the -fix option if the disk has been corrupted. Did you try different mediums?

I've logged in as root, cdrom wasn't mounted. The computer is Dell GX100 (500 MHz, Pentium II), with HP CD-writer+ 8100. The o.s. is Fedora Core 1.

The CD-RW's I tried are of good quality and a Windows machine was able to blank them. Writing a CD-R/CD-RW works ok.

I had the same problem with a DVD. Blanking it worked fine under Windows/Nero and it didn't with Linux/dvdrecord.

Cheers, Kari

Alex