Re: Recommedations

On Wed, 2004-02-18 at 09:28, Phil Schaffner wrote:
On Wed, 2004-02-18 at 11:02, Brittany wrote:
> I must admit but I am somewhat a tightwad, yes i admit it damnit!
>
> I also admit that i got my version of microsoft xp from a friend of mine and
> i guess he downloaded it off of the net because whenever i try to install
> SP1 that it popup and gives mt the piracy bullcrap so i canceld it.

Eeek!...not good.

In that case, blow away Windoze TODAY with a fresh new Fedora install,
or one of the other recommended distros.  You're a sitting duck for
cracker/virus/worm-attacks with broadband, as you mentioned earlier in
the thread, and no security updates.

Before you blow away your Windows XP  take you time and make sure that ALL of your critical data files (and mp3s =)) are backed up.  And once you are sure....check again.

--
Eric Krieger <fedora@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Linuxjunkie