Veritas NetBackup / jvm / libc.so.6

Hi all,

I'm trying to get Veritas NetBackup 4.5DC's java administration console running on my FC-1 box.

I did the install and when I start /usr/openv/netbackup/bin/jnbSA, I get the following error:

  "Error occurred during initializaton of VM
  Unable to load native library: /usr/openv/java/jre/lib/i386/libjava.so: symbol_libc_wait, version GLIBC_2.0 not defined in file libc.so.6 with link time reference"

I'm not entirely sure I understand the problem, but I've tried the following to fix it:

1.  Setting all of NetBackup's java libs that are mentioned in the errors as symlinks to the corresponding newer files in the J2re1.4.2_03 I installed from Sun.  This produces the following error:

  "Error occurred during initializaton of VM
  java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: java.lang.Thread.holdsLock(Ljava/lang/Object;)Z

2.  I checked ldd /usr/openv/java/jre/lib/i386/libjava.so and added the necessary paths, ran ldconfig and still get the same error.

3.  Checked Google and Veritas' site for any Fedora / jvm / Linux references and found nothing of use.

Advice, insight, suggestions would be very helpful.

Thanks,

Adam
--
Adam Klein