Re: Web development on FC1

On Feb 16, 2004, at 9:21 AM, Martin Alderson wrote:

However, I use Dreamweaver because a) it has a half decent 'source' tab to edit with (which I do most of my stuff in) and b) I can lay stuff out graphically without constantly having to redo CSS. Also, I find that being able to use split screen code and design view allows me to code as I usually would but also have the benifit of not having to save, go to a webbrowser and refresh every 15 seconds is a great benifit.

No arguments there. DW has some really nice features, but like many desktop environments, tends to get in my way more often than not. I tend to work a little "closer to the metal" than your typical web developer.

It's also good to see a fellow Apple user here :), btw.

When I saw the story that Linux was going to pass Apple on the desktop, I knew I needed to make the switch. I always enjoy working with the underdog. ;-)

--
Jason Dixon, RHCE
DixonGroup Consulting