Re: Web development on FC1

Marc DM wrote:

Ok, basically I should of said 'design a heavily graphical site

_efficently_.

I'm sure you can create a site with a text editor (and I do it sometimes over SSH if I'm out of measures) and it will work fine.

However, I use Dreamweaver because a) it has a half decent 'source' tab to edit with (which I do most of my stuff in) and b) I can lay stuff out graphically without constantly having to redo CSS. Also, I find that being able to use split screen code and design view allows me to code as I usually would but also have the benifit of not having to save, go to a webbrowser and refresh every 15 seconds is a great benifit.

Also, there is a real lack of vector based graphic tools (like Fireworks) on Linux. I can't stand using The GIMP or Photoshop for anything more than editing a photo.

It's also good to see a fellow Apple user here :), btw.

Martin Alderson,
IntechHosting

Email: martin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Web: http://www.intechhosting.co.uk

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the Mozilla Composer a dreamweaver-ish program?

Regards,
Nicholas Evans