Re: How to install J2SE on Core 1?

On 16/02/2004 12:37 Jacques Escape wrote:
Howzit people!

I'm having some difficulty installing Java 2 SDK 1.4.1 for Linux onto a
Fedora Core 1 SERVER configuration. Sun has the following to say:
"If you use RedHat Linux 7 Server, you must manually install
compat-libstdc++-6.21-2.9.0.0.i386.rpm to prevent "error while loading
shared libraries" when using the Java HotSpot VMs. This file is located
in the /RedHat/RPMS directory on the RedHat Linux 7 CD-ROM. You may also
obtain a copy of this file from rpmfind.net. "

1. How do I know whether I have the required package on my system?
2. Where can I download this package? I can't seem to find it on one of
the FC1 CD's and also not on http://rpmfind.net.
3. Must I install this package? Or some other one/s, since I'm not
actually running RHL7 Server?

Has anyone else around here installed J2SE on a FC1 Server? What did you
do to get J2SE to work, and resolve this issue??

Thanx in advance for any help given. It's very much appreciated.

Use 1.4.2 instead. ISTR reading that earlier JVMs don't like the NPTL in Fedora's kernel. I wouldn't pay too much attention to docs which refer to RH 7.* as there have been masses of updates since then (e.g., 7.0 had a 2.2 kernel).

--
Paul Thomas
| Thomas Micro Systems Limited | Software Solutions for the Smaller Business |