Re: User Linux

On Thu, 2004-02-12 at 01:12, Mike Procario wrote:
> I would add in the cost of antivirus software and subscriptions. I buy very
> little software for my Windows machine. I run Mozilla, OpenOffice, Gimp, Python,
> and Vim, whether I am on linux or windows. But, you have to have up-to-date
> antivirus software on Windows and it adds up. When MyDoom hit I was madly trying
> to reach my family to tell them to not open attachments, and cursing that they
> were still on Windows.
>
> Mike

Or you could do what I do... download and install AVG 6.0 Free Edition
from www.grisoft.com. It's free for personal use, and updates are free
and fast. It's been able to detect viruses and remove most viruses
without problems (I say most, but I haven't encountered a virus it
couldn't clean). I highly recommend it. It's what I have on my Windows
partition.

dex