How to get full screen display?

Hi All,

I've recently installed Fedora on my Dell laptop which has got 15.4" screen. I tried all available resolutions but could not get proper display covering full screen Can anyone help me do the setting so as to get full 15.4" screen display?

Also, when i shuts down the system, after exiting out of GUI mode it displays information of services shutting down in text mode. At this time, the text does not display properly and i frequently get vertical lines on the display. Can this be rectified ?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks and Regards,
Vikas