Re: 8139too driver has problem?

SHIBUYA Katsutoshi wrote:

Hi. I'm using RTL8139 based NIC and having a trouble.
It works just fine at day-time but it frequentry stops working at midnight (23:00-6:00 varing day by day).
When it occurs, all communications via eth0 device don't work; ping from the host to another host, ping from another host to the host, ssh connections, smtp connections etc.
When I unplug the ethernet RJ45 connector once and plug it again, it becomes work well again.
Once I tried "/sbin/ifdown eth0" then "/sbin/ifup eth0", but the device was still stalled.

<SNIP>

Try also removing the kernel module when you bring it down, then reinsert the module with modprobe. Might help...

-- Scott Burns Mirrabooka Systems

Tel +61 7 3857 7899
Fax +61 7 3857 1368