kde 3.2 post-install

What, if anything do I need to do after installing kde 3.2 ? Do I need to rebuild links or database?
I'm asking because after installing it I'm seeing some odd behavior. Programs will freeze up. Switching to another desktop and back will clear the problem, but its a bit annoying. Where should I start looking to track down the problem?

Lindy