Adaptec aha1542

We have a number of machines with Adaptec aha1542 controllers that have worked perfectly well through Red Hat 9.

It looks as though Core 1 does not include the necessary module (aha1542.o). Assuming that the module from RH 9 might be made to work, what is the mechanism for using it? Just copy it to a floppy, mount the floppy during the install and insmod?

Note that we can't boot from the CD, as the CDs are IDE and the machines don't support IDE CD boots in the BIOS. So, I have to boot from the floppy to get to the CD installation.

Any tips would be appreciated.

-David