Re: Info on the IPtables update?

Björn Persson wrote:
I see IPtables packages among the updates but no announcement. What caused this update? Anything that might cause holes in my packet filter?

Not that it's terribly more helpful, but here's the changelog info... it sounds mostly harmless.

[bevan@saladin ~]> rpm -q --changelog iptables | more
* Wed Dec 17 2003 Thomas Woerner <twoerner@xxxxxxxxxx> 1.2.9-1.0

- vew version 1.2.9
- new config options in ipXtables-config:
  IPTABLES_MODULES_UNLOAD
- more documentation in ipXtables-config
- fix for netlink security issue in libipq (devel package)
- print fix for libipt_icmp (#109546)