Re: Good Yum Archives

Wayne Johnson wrote:

Clamav aside, what are good sites to include in my yum.conf file?  The
ones I've seen are all outside the US.  Anything local?  What are the
must have sites?

Most of the 'unofficial alternate repository' sites are outside of the US in order to avoid certain annoying laws and regulations that limit things like MP3 support.

You should definately replace the default core repositories with your choice of mirror from:

http://fedora.redhat.com/download/mirrors.html

Not only are most of the mirrors much faster, but people regularly have update troubles due to the congestion of the main sites.