Re: User Linux

On Mon, 2004-02-02 at 23:34, Naoki wrote:

> Just been reading this :
>
> http://userlinux.com/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?White_Paper
>
> What do you guys think?  Especially about the "RedHat's Proposal"
> section?

	I commented on this when it was first reported on NewsForge way back
when.  My take is that UserLinux is a useless effort.  I have nothing
against Bruce nor Debian, but his comment about Fedora "reinventing the
wheel" is backwards.  It is UserLinux that is trying to reinvent RHEL
from scratch.  The structure of the Fedora Project has allowed it to
release a distribution that is almost the equal of what took the Debian
Project years to achieve in less than a year.

	But it doesn't matter anyway...  My comments on NF were generally
mod'ed as flamebait and Bruce is going to do what he wants no matter
what.

--
Akebono vs Godzilla!  Coming soon to a theater near you.