Re: Sql

Hi Johnathan
On Tue, 2004-02-03 at 04:39, Johnathan Kupferer wrote:
> Chadley Wilson wrote:
>
> >I am trying to get our in house app which connects to an SQL2000-ent
> >sever to run in linux, I have the app running just fine but I cant get
> >connection to the database,
> >When you install it in windoze all you have to install is client
> >connectivity, I have browsed the win dirs on my XP system but there are
> >no files installed. but it works.
> >Cant I use the linux sql to some how get the link.
> >

> Can you give any more details on the app?  If its something that was
> coded in house, you may want to have a look at FreeTDS.org.  I have used
> it several times to do linux -> MS-SQL connections and the setup isn't
> as painful as you might think.

I have freetds0.62.1 and DBD-Sybase1.02 installed. It has taken wee bit
of tweaking and I [not knowing much about databases] think its working.
When the app called Xalt comes up it lists the database connection when
you click on it it switches the list to none, seems like an domain
authentication prob.
I assume that I have to be logged into the windows domain to overcome
this. But I will play a bit more with it before I know for sure!

Thanks for the Help and thank every one who has contributed info,
CHad